As an iconic, London landmark, our vision is to be a leading attraction in terms of the care we give our employees and guests, the steps we take to support our community and the effort we make to consider the environment.
This is an update of our corporate responsibility activity, as we continue our journey to becoming a more environmentally conscious business.
Explore this section of the website to find out more about how we are achieving our goals and what we believe our responsibilities to be, as part of the community.
EDF Energy London Eye believes:
• that our staff and our guests are integral to the success of our business, and as such, deserve the highest level of care regarding their health and safety.
• that all our guests, regardless of ability, should be treated equally and should receive the same experience when visiting us.
• that it is important for us to contribute to the South Bank community and beyond with a particular emphasis on supporting local charities, initiatives and causes.
• that as an iconic London landmark, we have both the power and the responsibility to help the causes and people that we can.
• that we are responsible for our environment and therefore should always strive for solutions to lessen our impact upon it, setting ourselves ambitious but achievable targets, which should be monitored and updated continually.
We recognise that not every aspect of this vision can be achieved in the short term, or at the same rate in all parts of the business.
“At the EDF Energy London Eye, we are committed to being a responsible, considerate and caring Corporate Citizen. We work with numerous organisations and review and monitor how we set our targets to ensure that we are considering our environment, our people and our community.”
David Sharpe, Divisional Director (London) for the Merlin Entertainments Group