London from the inside Monday 24th - Sunday 30th July 2017
Here’s 50 ideas for things to do in London during the summer holiday break (and they’re not all just for kids)…
1. Swing at the Vintage Jitterbug Content at the Udderbelly Festival on 28th August.
2. Play at 9Nine’s The Playground, a giant playground, only for adults and in London Fields 29th - 30th July.
3. Be inspired at the We, The Creators Summer Series, free talks for budding entrepreneurs in food, music, fashion, media, art and tech.
4. Watch the sunset with Sundowner DJs, eat Swedish crayfish and enjoy jazz at the Southbank Centre’s free summertime weekends.
5. Get royal at the summer opening of Buckingham Palace.
6. Be beasted at the world’s largest inflatable obstacle course - The Beast comes to Ally Pally from 25th - 28th August.
7. Hole up in London’s oldest wine bar - Gordon’s, next to Embankment tube.
8. Get a hole in one at Junkyard Golf Club.
9. Take the stairs climbing Monument (311 to be precise).
10. Drink Champagne and see London in style with a Champagne Experience on the Coca-Cola London Eye.
11. Be serenaded in an opera box at Sarastro restaurant on Drury Lane.
12. Celebrate a new Camden Town Brewery opening in Enfield on 29th July - there’s tastings, tour and talks.
13. Take afternoon tea at the Dean Street Townhouse.
14. Have an Indian Summer at the Horniman Museum in Forest Hill.
15. Taste wine at a pop-up wine tasting at Maltby Street Market.
16. Eat in the street at Dinearama - Street Feast.
17. Wing it at the London Wing Fest - Chicken Wing Showdown 5th - 6th August.
18. Pedal a pedalo in Hyde Park.
19. Face your fear at Madame Tussauds’ scariest experience yet, Alien: Escape.
20. Bust your Bhangra moves at Tales of Silk and Music, a free festival of Indian dance at Devonshire Square.
21. Rave at South West Four, 26th - 27th August.
22. Be Marcel Marceau at a London Mime Workshop in Brixton.
23. Get crafty at the 5th London Craft Beer Festival 4th - 6th August.
24. Sunbathe at Brixton Beach.
25. Hustle at American pool in 1920 Bar, Farringdon.
26. Get ready for this jelly at the new Ocean Invaders: World of Jellyfish display at SEA LIFE London.
27. Get up super early and capture the city at a London at Dawn Photo Workshop.
28. Be a tourist for the day and watch the Changing of the Guard.
29. Go Into the Unknown and see Black Mirror at the Barbican.
30. Stay up all night after the Espresso Martini Festival 10th - 12th August.
31. Take the kids to one of London’s newest attractions - DreamWorks Shrek’s Adventure!
32. Eat your way around London by hunting out and tasting the best cronuts, burgers or pizzas.
33. Glow at the GlowyMcGlow adult ball pit in Dalston with 250,000 clear balls and a lot of neon lighting.
34. Show your support for sport at the World Athletics Championships 4th - 13th August.
35. Join London’s biggest street party at the Notting Hill Carnival, 27th - 28th August.
36. Help catch Jack the Ripper at the London Dungeon this summer.
37. Be a groundling and get a £5 ticket at Shakespeare's Globe for their Summer of Love.
38. Be pelted with paint at the Holi Festival of Colours in Wembley Park on 29th July.
39. Live in the footsteps of a legend on the David Bowie Musical Walking Tour in Brixton.
40. Get classical at the BBC Proms.
41. Keep your legs crossed on a London Loo Tour.
42. See the river from another angle on a Deptford Creek Low Tide Walk (12th August).
43. Freeze for free at Frieze Sculpture 2017 in Regent's Park.
44. Don your lycra for Prudential RideLondon on 28th - 29th July.
45. Get on the soul and house train at the 51st State Festival on 5th August.
46. Fall down the rabbit hole at Alice's Adventures Underground in The Vaults, Waterloo.
47. Whisper in St Paul’s Cathedral.
48. Have a first date in the Paternoster Chop House, aka the First Dates restaurant.
49. Be a player and walk down the tunnel on a Wembley Stadium tour.
50. Take on the Crystal Maze complete with all the physical, skill, mental and mystery challenges.