Inspiring perspectives of London Monday 14th - Sunday 20th May 2018
Hip hip hooray, it’s nearly royal wedding day! What a year of royal fun we’re being treated to with the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge just welcoming their third child, Zara Phillips due to give birth in the summer and Princess Eugenie to marry later in the year. The service will begin at 12pm at St George’s Chapel in Windsor Castle this Saturday 19th May. On a clear day you can see Windsor Castle from the London Eye so we’ll be keeping our eyes firmly peeled!
If you haven’t been lucky enough to bag an invite, there are plenty of street parties and events on in London and across the UK where you can watch and celebrate together. In the meantime, we’ve got the ultimate royal wedding quiz to see if you really know your dress designers from your party planners. Tweet us @TheLondonEye how many you managed to get right and if you’re #RoyalWeddingReady!
THE BEST PLACES TO WATCH THE ROYAL WEDDING IN LONDON
- The Royal Wedding Bottomless Brunch at Little Nan’s Bar (Deptford, Catford, Fitzrovia)
- The 21st Century Tea Dance Party at the Southbank Centre
- The Royal Wedding Picnic at Boisdale of Canary Wharf
- The Royal Wedding Party at One Marylebone
- The Showtime Cabaret Royal Wedding Special at Cafe de Paris
ROYAL WEDDING QUIZ QUESTIONS
- What was Prince Harry doing when he proposed to Meghan Markle?
- What is Meghan’s real first name?
- Where will the couple live after they’re married?
- What are the names of Prince Harry’s three nieces and nephews?
- Which designer is odds on favourite to have made Meghan’s dress?
- How many guests will be in attendance?
- Who will be Harry’s best man?
- How has the best man double booked himself for the big day?
- What US legal drama did Meghan Markle star in?
- How old are Harry and Meghan?
- How did the couple meet?
- Was it love at first sight?
- Which of these old jobs did Meghan not do… A. Dog walker, B. Briefcase model on Deal or No Deal, C. Calligrapher?
- Who convinced Meghan to adopt one of her dogs?
- What was Meghan’s lifestyle blog called?
- What flavour will the wedding cake be and who will make it?
- Who was Meghan previously married to?
- What was Meghan’s nickname as a child?
- What are Meghan’s parents’ first names?
- Who else will marry in St George’s Chapel this year?
ANSWERS (NO PEEKING!)
- Cooking roast chicken at home
- Nottingham Cottage, Kensington Palace
- George, Charlotte, Louis
- British couture company Ralph & Russo
- 600 with 200 close friends invited to an after-party and 2640 members of the public invited to the grounds
- Prince William, The Duke of Cambridge
- He also has to present the FA Cup to the winner of the FA Cup Final
- 33 and 36 respectively
- They were introduced by mutual friend, fashion designer Misha Nonoo
- Harry confirmed that he knew she was the one at their first meeting
- A. Dog walker
- Ellen DeGeneres
- The Tig
- Lemon and elderflower made by Claire Ptak
- Film producer Trevor Engelson
- Dorian and Thomas
- Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank