What Makes London So Special?
We want to celebrate everything that is incredible about London and share what it truly means to be inspired by your everyday surroundings. To do this you'll need this free lesson pack and we need the creative minds of your pupils! We not only want students to learn more about their capital city, but also to celebrate London’s different boroughs and their unique personalities.
Using the activities on pages 3 –14 of the free lesson pack, we want students to use everything that inspires them to create a typography design for their own London borough or a London borough that inspires them.
Win a School Trip to the London Eye
We want to hear from you and see your students' design, what do they think makes London so special? How are the different boroughs in the city important and unique? Share your students’ typography design on Twitter using the hashtag #fallinlovewithlondon and tagging @TheLondonEye.
Designs tagged before the 30th June 2022 will be in with the chance of being one of ten lucky schools to win a school trip for their class to the London Eye. Terms and Conditions .
- To collate knowledge of a London borough and define its unique identity.
- To prepare and present a typography design that showcases how their chosen borough inspires them.
- Collate knowledge of a London borough, including its features and characteristics – and identify those features which are inspiring to them.
- Identify a London borough’s unique identity and how it might be described to others who are not from the area.
- Prepare and present a typography design that is unique to a London borough and represents its unique personality.