London from the inside Monday 16th - Sunday 22nd October 2017
Call us whatever you like, just don’t call us late for dinner! We’ve put together a little restaurant guide this week so you can eat out in the best places in the capital, whichever borough you happen to be in. The London Eye has 32 capsules for 32 boroughs - of course when it comes to restaurants, it’s a matter of taste, but we’ve picked 32 of our favourites. Let us know if you manage to tick off all 32 restaurants and/or boroughs.
1. BARKING AND DAGENHAM - Cristina’s, North Street
A ‘casual steakhouse’ and friendly bunch, keen to impress with their steak frites, cheeseburgers, salads and quiches.
2. BARNET - Thymari, Crescent West
Named after the Greek for thyme because their food is so fresh and flavoursome. If you can’t decide go for the mezedakia (Greek tapas).
3. BEXLEY - The Jasmine by Spice Nouv-Oh!, Broadway
It’s got to be curry in Bexley with this highly reviewed Indian coming at the top of our list in the borough.
4. BRENT - LEON, Brent Cross Shopping Centre
Head to Leon for health-conscious counter service food inspired by the Med.
5. BROMLEY - Cow & Pig, East Street
A nice variety on the menu including good steaks and a decent wine list. Service and atmosphere to match.
6. CAMDEN - La Patagonia, Camden High Street
Home-cooked Argentinian cuisine (the best in London some say), a bargain lunch time menu and regular tango nights.
7. CROYDON - Cook Daily, Boxpark
Generous portions of super tasty vegan dishes like jerk “chicken”, pad thai and full English breakfast served with a side of grime music.
8. EALING - Santa Maria, St Mary’s Road
Pizzas outside of Italy don’t get much more authentic than this and they have tables inside and outside if it’s nice weather.
9. ENFIELD - Ada, Silver Street
Top notch Turkish food and really friendly staff.
10. GREENWICH - The Golden Chippy, Greenwich High Road
Probably the best fish and chips in town - fresh, crispy and great value too.
11. HACKNEY - Morito, Hackney Road
Spanish and Moroccan style tapas in a restaurant that has buzz and also has fino on tap.
12. HAMMERSMITH AND FULHAM - The Harwood Arms, Walham Grove
There’s exceptional food at this laid-back gastro pub - don’t miss out on the homemade scotch egg.
13. HARINGEY - Autograf Grill, Green Lanes
Haringey is packed to bursting with great Turkish restaurants and it’s too hard to choose between them so we’ve picked this superb Polish restaurant that serves beautifully presented food, Polish beer and vodka.
14. HARROW - Mr Chilly, Pinner Road
A small restaurant serving fresh Desi cuisine fast with nice staff and it’s family friendly.
15. HAVERING - Sukhothai, High Street, Hornchurch
A mother-daughter team cook up delicious Thai food in this family run restaurant where everything feels right. Try the Chicken Panang Curry.
16. HILLINGDON - Nabrasa Brazilian Dining Experience, Bakers Road
An all-you-can-eat Brazilian barbeque with the meats carved at your table. A good place to take a bunch of friends but you’ll probably want to skip breakfast.
17. HOUNSLOW - Old School Vegetarian Restaurant, Hanworth Road
Tasty vegetarian and vegan food including breakfasts, wraps and burgers. Laid back, good value and suitable for kids.
18. ISLINGTON - Afghan Kitchen, Islington Green
If you haven’t tried Afghan cuisine before then here’s your chance. It’s a small space with shared tables and lovely homemade bread, stews and rice dishes.
19. KENSINGTON AND CHELSEA - Medlar, King’s Road
The borough to be in if you like to eat fancy. Medlar is one of the best serving high-end French food in an understated dining room.
20. KINGSTON UPON THAMES - Obon, Richmond Road
Sushi, sashimi, udon and other lovely Japanese dishes served in a small and friendly restaurant.
21. LAMBETH - Chino Latino, Park Plaza, Albert Embankment
Dining rooms don’t get much sleeker than this one and the Asian inspired food and Latin cocktails are divine too.
22. LEWISHAM - Babur, Brockley Rise
Great little restaurants are popping up the whole time in Lewisham but we’ll have to go for an old favourite - Babur. Look for the giant fibre glass tiger on the roof… it will lead you to some of the best Indian fine-dining.
23. MERTON - Waffle Jack’s, Merton Park Parade
Go for some satisfying American comfort food - think waffles, milkshakes, burgers, hot dogs and ribs.
24. NEWHAM - Corner Kitchen, Woodgrange Road
From breakfast and coffee to pizza and gnocchi, everything is good. You might have a tough time deciding what to order.
25. REDBRIDGE - Provender Cafe Bistro, High Street, Wanstead
So French, you might think you’re in France, not Redbridge. They have a huge variety of dishes to choose from that are reasonably priced, especially if you go for the prix fixe.
26. RICHMOND UPON THAMES, The Petersham Restaurant
Sat on the River Thames, this intimate hotel and restaurant serves a modern British menu and afternoon teas.
27. SOUTHWARK - Elliot’s, Borough Market
There’s a nice atmosphere in this open brickwork cafe with wood fired oven. They serve a seasonal British menu, marvelous cocktails and biodynamic wines.
28. SUTTON - Mama Dumplings, High Street
A simple Chinese restaurant serving delicious dumplings and dim sum. If you’re lucky you might even see a dragon dancing.
29. TOWER HAMLETS - The Greedy Cow, Grove Road
This former pub specialises in exotic burgers and steaks like kangaroo and camel best accompanied by a glass of wine or a cocktail. A kids menu is available too.
30. WALTHAM FOREST - Yasar’s Palace, Blackhorse Lane
A classic kebab shop that’s been there as long as we can remember. It’s open really late and perfect after a night out but also as good in the daytime with lots of tables to enjoy your food at.
31. WANDSWORTH - Chez Bruce, Bellevue Road
Cheese and wine lovers with rejoice at Chez Bruce. It’s a restaurant for a very special occasion. French fine dining with exceptional service.
32. WESTMINSTER - Wahaca Southbank
Mexican street food and cocktails served in shipping containers next to the river and skate park. Big dishes and small plates to try and share and a lively atmosphere.