Please select the terms and conditions below
All persons riding on The London Eye (the "Eye") and/or its premises within and around County Hall and/or Iconic Images Gift Shop and/or the London Eye Pier (The Millennium Pier) and/or Jubilee Gardens and/or riding on a London Eye River Cruise ("RC") do so subject to the following terms and conditions. For the purpose of this document, the above locations will be referred to together as the ‘London Eye Domain’
- The London Eye is operated by the London Eye Management Service Limited a company registered in England and Wales under company number 2896849 with a registered office at Link House, 25 West Street, Poole, Dorset, BH15 1LD, as an agent for and on behalf of Merlin Attractions Operations Limited. For all payments made via this website, Merlin Attractions Operations Ltd will be the responsible contractual party. This responsibility includes: refunds, chargebacks, cancellations and dispute resolution. In the event that a dispute is raised, we will offer the first line of support and will refund the Buyer, if deemed appropriate. Merlin Attractions Operations Limited a company registered in England and Wales under company number 6272935 with a registered office at Link House, 25 West Street, Poole, Dorset, BH15 1LD.
- Tickets may be purchased either individually or a pod may be hired exclusively (referred to as a "Private Pod"). The maximum number of persons allowed per Private Pod is 28. For all other ticket holders, the number of persons per pod may vary. In both instances London Eye Management Services Limited ("LEMS") reserves the right to vary capacity.
- Unless a Private Pod has been booked, groups of 28 persons will not always travel in the same pod. A minimum of two adults (aged 16 plus) are permitted in a pod, except at the absolute discretion of LEMS.
- For the safety and comfort of all guests, suitable clothing, including shirt and shoes, must be worn at all times while visiting any area of the London Eye Domain.
- It is prohibited for an individual to take into the London Eye Domain any objects with a sharp point or sharp edge capable of being used to cause serious injury, any weapons, fireworks, smoke bombs, glass bottles, flammable liquids or other articles, which may cause injury. The throwing of any article which could cause injury or annoyance is strictly prohibited. Restrictions apply to some types of film and photography equipment. For more information please contact the London Eye press office: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0207 960 0415.
- To prevent offensive weapons or dangerous articles, such as those with a sharp point or edge, from being taken into the London Eye Domain, visitors are admitted on condition that if requested to do so, they will allow themselves and/or their belongings to be searched. It should be noted that the London Eye uses specialist search equipment that omits a small magnetic field; this is harmless to the vast majority of guests, however if you suffer from any medical condition or have been fitted with a medical device that your doctor advises should not be subjected to a scan please bring this to the attention of a member of staff before attempting to board the London Eye.
- Smoking, including e-cigarettes and ‘vaping’, is strictly prohibited in any area of the London Eye Domain.
- No food or beverage of any nature may be consumed on the London Eye itself, or on the boarding platform leading to the Eye without express permission of LEMS.
- Ticket holders for the London Eye (including disabled guests and groups and schools) must arrive at the entrance to the boarding line at the time printed on the ticket.
- Ticket holders for London Eye Fast Track tickets (including disabled guests and groups and schools) must arrive at the entrance to the Fast Track line at the time printed on the ticket.
- Every person intending to join a Private Pod experience should meet at the entrance to the London Eye with their full group in attendance to allow boarding. Guests who have booked a Champagne Experience, or any other premium experience are encouraged to check in at the VIP Experience Meeting Point at County Hall 15 minutes prior to the booked time. Latecomers can not be guaranteed entry to the London Eye.
- Guests 15 years or younger must be accompanied by a Guardian 18 years or older whilst visiting the London Eye Domain and shall remain under the control or supervision of an adult at all times. Children under the age of 18 are permitted in a pod where alcoholic beverages may be available but will not be served alcohol.
- Payments for all ticket types and bookings for Private Pods are non-refundable. All tickets and Private Pod bookings may only be changed or replaced at the absolute discretion of LEMS. If any customer wishes to amend the date or time of any booking on the Eye following the purchase of ticket(s) the customer should immediately notify LEMS who shall use its reasonable endeavours to accommodate the alternative date and time requested by the customer. An administration fee of £10 per booking will be charged by LEMS to that guest. For the avoidance of doubt, the administration fee will apply to all bookings made on-line on LEMS's website (as referred to in condition 27), through the call centre operated by LEMS and through the kiosks situated at the Eye. For Private Pod bookings higher charges will apply.
- LEMS reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to refuse entry on to or remove from the London Eye Domain, without any explanation, this includes but is not limited to any person who:-
- has been convicted of a criminal offence which, in the opinion of LEMS, is likely to affect the safety or enjoyment of other visitors;
- has behaved in a manner which, in the opinion of LEMS has, or is likely to affect the safety or enjoyment of other visitors;
- has used threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour or in any way provokes or behaves in a manner which may provoke a breach of the peace
- is or appears to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- is planning to bring/or has brought any items, including flags, banners, clothing or promotional materials, which in the opinion of LEMS has, or is likely to cause offence in anyway or impact the experience of other visitors.
- The use of illegal substances and/or legal highs are strictly prohibited and any persons found possessing, using or who appear to be under the influence of illegal substances and/or legal highs will be refused admission or removed from the London Eye Domain..
- Guests must keep personal belongings with them at all times. LEMS accepts no responsibility for the loss, theft or damage to any personal items within the London Eye Domain..
- Save as otherwise permitted by LEMS, all persons experiencing the London Eye or the London Eye River Cruise must pay for admission (whether a ticket or Private Pod hire) prior to boarding the Eye. Tickets must be retained at all times and submitted for inspection if required by any employee or agent of LEMS. Any person attempting to gain admission to the Eye without a valid ticket may be ejected from the London Eye Domain.
- Pets or animals of any nature are expressly prohibited on the London Eye Domain (except for service dogs).
- Unnecessary noise, (such as that from the use of radio sets, personal stereos and other electrical equipment), or any behaviour likely to cause annoyance to other visitors or confusion of any kind is not permitted on or in the vicinity of the London Eye Domain. This applies to both individuals and groups.
- The London Eye and London Eye River Cruise operate a THINK 25 policy. Any guest who appears to be under 25 year old without suitable photographic ID will not be served alcohol.
- No ticket may be resold without the previous written consent of LEMS. If LEMS reasonably believes that a ticket has been resold without such consent, the holder may be refused entry to or ejected from the Eye without payment of compensation
- LEMS will use its reasonable endeavours to ensure that the London Eye Domain are open for use by visitors during normal opening hours. However, LEMS reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, whether for safety reasons or otherwise, and with or without prior notice, to close all, or parts of, the London Eye Domain In the event of closure of the London Eye itself, LEMS will refund any visitor whose ride is cancelled, the cost of his or her prepaid ticket, but otherwise shall have no liability whatever, including no liability for travel expenses or any other out of pocket expenses, in respect of closure of part or all of the Eye, cancellation of any ride.
- Other than liability for death or personal injury resulting from LEMS's negligence, LEMS, its employees or agents shall not be liable for any loss or damage, direct or indirect, howsoever arising, including without limitation any distress, inconvenience or anxiety caused during the course of any ride undertaken and/or during evacuation from the London Eye in the event of breakdown or accident.
- The London Eye is operated by London Eye Management Services Limited as agent for and on behalf of Merlin Attractions Operations Limited.
- From time to time LEMS or other authorised parties may carry out photography and/or video recording and/or other monitoring on or in the London Eye Domain, which may feature visitors. By accepting these terms and conditions, you agree that LEMS or any authorised party may use such images in perpetuity in any promotional, advertising or publicity material in any format whatsoever. You further agree that copyright in these materials rests with LEMS or such authorised party (as the case may be).
- The London Eye River Cruise is owned by London Eye Management Services Limited and operated by Woods River Cruises - the Silver Fleet (WRC). LEMS shall not be liable to any passenger on the London Eye River Cruise, for any loss or damage which arises out of or in connection with or as a consequence of the operation of London Eye River Cruise including, but not being limited to, loss of profit, damage to or loss of property or items belonging to the passenger and any personal injury to the passenger (but only so far as such injury is not caused by LEMS's negligence). WRC reserves the right to substitute for any vessel hire another vessel of a capacity sufficient to accommodate the number of persons expected to be carried, and / or to vary the London Eye River Cruise at the absolute discretion of WRC. WRC will use its reasonable endeavours to ensure that the London Eye River Cruise operates. However, WRC reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, whether for safety reasons or otherwise, and with or without prior notice, to cancel the London Eye River Cruise. In the event of such cancellation, LEMS will refund to any visitor whose ride is cancelled, the cost of his or her prepaid ticket, but otherwise shall have no liability whatever, including no liability for travel expenses or any other out of pocket expenses, in respect of the cancellation. London Eye River Cruise ticket holders must arrive at Waterloo pier no less than 15 minutes prior to the cruise time. Latecomers will not be admitted except at the absolute discretion of WRC. No food or drinks may be brought on to the vessel by visitors for consumption on the vessel, except with express permission of WRC.
- From time to time LEMS may sell tickets as a third party agent. Any events/rides/trips/meals or anything else for which such tickets are sold by LEMS ("Third Party Events") shall be operated in accordance with the terms and conditions of the relevant operator and LEMS shall not be liable to any customer, for any loss or damage which arises out of or in connection with or as a consequence of the operation of any Third Party Event including, but not being limited to, loss of profit, damage to or loss of property or items belonging to the passenger and any personal injury to the passenger (but only so far as such injury is not caused by LEMS's negligence).
- Some (but not all): (a) types of tickets; and (b) products are available for purchase online through LEMS's website (www.londoneye.com) ("Website"). For the avoidance of doubt, such tickets and products are available in limited quantities and each purchase will be subject to availability. If customers choose to book tickets for an experience on the London Eye and/or the London Eye River Cruise online then they may receive a discount. Such discount shall not be available on bookings made by telephone or in person and the LEMS reserves the rights to withdraw or change this discount at any time. The Website may contain links to websites and other resources operated by third parties other than LEMS. Such links are provided solely as a convenience to you (for example: to allow you to make payment for tickets and products through a credit/debit card). LEMS does not control such websites, and is not responsible for the content, products, services or information offered by any third parties. The inclusion of links to third party websites on the Website does not imply any endorsement of any website or the content, products or services offered, advertised, endorsed or promoted by any third party, or of any company or person. If you decide to access any third party websites or acquire any third party products or services, you do so entirely at your own risk, and you may be subject to the terms and conditions and the privacy policies imposed by such third parties.
- Photography: Unless it is expressly prohibited, you are permitted to take photographs and recordings within the London Eye Domain provided that these are solely for private use and are not sold or used for any commercial or public purpose. By accepting these Entry Conditions, you acknowledge that Merlin may on demand have access to photographs taken and video footage captured by you and request that certain photographs and/or footage are deleted if they are deemed to be offensive to or infringe the privacy of other guests and/or staff. By accepting these Entry Conditions, you agree not to intentionally photograph and/or capture video footage of any individual without that person’s permission and you must adhere to all photography/filming restrictions in place from time to time whilst within the London Eye Domain. From time to time Merlin or other authorised parties carry out photography and/or video recording in the London Eye Domain, which may feature guests. Entry to the Attraction is deemed acceptance of these Entry Conditions, and you therefore agree that Merlin or any authorised party may use such images in perpetuity in any promotional, advertising or publicity material in any format whatsoever. You further agree that copyright in these materials rests with Merlin or such authorised party (as the case may be).
- These terms and conditions are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with English Law, and any claim brought under these conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Law.
- Safety measures: In response to the Covid-19 pandemic, we have introduced specific safety measures across the London Eye Domain in an effort to safeguard the health, safety and well-being of persons visiting our Attractions. A full list of safety measures being taken at our Attraction is available on the website. Some experiences may be unavailable or have restrictions to encourage social distancing.
- Visitor requirements: The safety measures put in place in response to the Covid-19 pandemic are there to safeguard the safety and well-being of all guests visiting our Attraction. It is in the interest of everyone at our Attraction to comply with the safety measures that have been put in place. Therefore, should an individual not comply with these safety measures, we reserve the right to require that individual to leave the Attraction in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- Any guests experiencing symptoms in line with Covid-19 are requested not to attend the London Eye Domain and follow applicable government and health guidance. All missed experiences due to covid-19 symptoms will be rebooked free of charge.
- Acceptance of risk: The safety measures that are being and have been introduced are intended to minimise the risk of contracting the Covid-19 virus but this risk cannot be completely eradicated. Therefore, anyone visiting our Attractions acknowledge that they do so at their own risk.
- UK Government Track and Trace: Merlin is in the leisure and entertainment industry, and therefore is encourage by the UK Government to collect the name of the lead member of the group and the number of people in the group, a contact phone number for the lead member of each group of visitors and the date of visit, arrival time and, where possible, departure time. This information will be shared with contract tracing schemes in order to support NHS Test and Trace and will only be used where necessary to help stop the spread of COVID-19. This sharing is based on legitimate interests of the visitors to our Attractions and the employees and staff at the Attractions, to ensure that we can protect the health and safety of individuals and support the public health efforts to tackle COVID-19.
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS (TERMS) CAREFULLY. BY HASH TAGGING [#EYELOVELONDON, #LONDONEYE, #OFFICIALLONDONEYE #THELONDONEYE #THEOFFICIALLONDONEYE] OR TAGGING [@LONDONEYE @OFFICIALLONDONEYE @THELONDONEYE] YOU ARE CONFIRMING YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS IN RELATION TO OUR USE OF YOUR CONTENT.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO OUR REQUEST TO USE YOUR CONTENT.
Who we are and how to contact us
London Eye Management Services Limited (a Merlin Entertainments Group Company) operating under the name the London Eye is registered in England and Wales under the company number 02896849 whose registered office is Link House, 25 West Street, Poole, Dorset BH15 1LD.
What these terms cover
These are the terms and conditions on which you licence to the London Eye, its subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, its subcontractors, consultants and agents including without limitation Merlin Entertainments Group Limited (company number 05022287) and Merlin Entertainments Plc (together referred to as "London Eye Group", "we" or "us") the use of all images and materials (including photographs, audio and video material) (Content), which is owned or licensed by you in whatever medium or form.
Term of this licence
This licence shall commence on the date that you indicate your acceptance of these Terms by placing a hash tag on the relevant social media platforms and/or emailing across content to the London Eye Group, agreeing to London Eye Group's use of the Content.
Grant of licence
In consideration of London Eye Group displaying your Content on a website connected with London Eye Group or a website promoting 'London Eye', you hereby unconditionally and irrevocably grant to London Eye Group, a perpetual, non-exclusive, fully-transferable, royalty-free, worldwide, sub-licensable licence to use, copy, reproduce, modify, transmit, publish, edit, display and make derivative works of the Content on any media now known, or hereafter developed, in formats and contexts for any purpose including but not limited to the promotion of the service or related business activities and the right to make commercial use of the Content and excerpts of the Content in advertisements for, and in marketing and promotional materials related to, the London Eye Group (the "Licensed Rights").
You hereby waive any and all moral rights or similar rights that you may have in the Content and understand that London Eye Group shall be under no obligation to credit you or publically acknowledge your rights in the Content.
Your rights in the Content
You retain all rights in the Content and nothing in these Terms shall be taken to grant any rights to London Eye Group in relation to ownership of the Content.
You understand that in providing us with the Licensed Rights, London Eye Group shall have absolute discretion in whether it uses the Content and shall not be obliged to use, distribute, display or make derivative works of the Content.
Each party warrants to the other that it has full power and authority to enter into these Terms.
You warrant to London Eye Group that you:
- Own or control all the rights necessary to grant London Eye Group the Licensed Rights referred to above;
- the Content does not infringe the rights of any third party (including without limitation copyright, moral rights, privacy rights and publicity rights);
- and you have obtained all relevant consents, releases and waivers to permit the public distribution of the Content;
- the Content does not infringe any third party's intellectual property rights, other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy;
- the Content does not contain any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, cancel bots or other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information.
Limitation of remedies and liability
Nothing in these Terms shall operate to exclude or limit either party's liability for:
- death or personal injury caused by its negligence; or
- any breach of the terms implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 or section 2 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982; or
- any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Transfer of rights to someone else
You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these Terms to another person if we agree to this in writing. However, we may transfer our rights and obligations under these Terms to another organisation.
Any notice or other communication given to a party under or in connection with these Terms shall be in writing and shall be by pre-paid first-class post or other next working day delivery service at its registered office (if a company); or sent by email to the address specified in above (in relation to us) or the email address used on the social media website for which we obtained your Content.
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between the parties and supersedes and extinguishes all previous agreements, licences, promises, assurances, warranties, representations and understandings between them, whether written or oral, relating to its subject matter.
Nobody else has any rights under this contract
No one other than the parties, their successors and permitted assignees, shall have any right to enforce any of its terms.
Variation to these Terms
No variation of these Terms shall be effective unless it is in writing and signed by the parties (or their authorised representatives).
Which country's laws apply to any disputes?
These Terms and any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with its subject matter or formation are governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales. The parties irrevocably agree that the courts of England have non-exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) that arises out of or in connection with these Terms or its subject matter or formation.
Instructions for your food and drinks order on preoday platform
Select the date of your visit, add your drinks, include your booking reference for your private pod, the time of your visit, checkout. On the day, collect your drinks at our London Eye VIP desk and cheers! You’re ready for your flight.
- This is only available to private pod bookings. You will need your booking reference to order your drinks.
- You must be 18 years of age or older to place any orders.
- There is a minimum order amount of £15.
- Collect your drinks at the VIP desk prior to your flight.
- IF YOU HAVE ANY ALLERGEN REQUESTS PLEASE SPEAK TO A MEMBER OF OUR TEAM ON ARRIVAL.
These Terms and Conditions (the "Terms") set out the terms on which The London Eye which is part of Merlin Attractions Operations Limited. Merlin Attractions Operations Limited a company registered in England and Wales under company number 6272935 with a registered office at Link House, 25 West Street, Poole, Dorset, BH15 1LD.
By placing an order on the website ("site"), you agree to be bound by these Terms, which apply to you and the London Eye. Please read these Terms carefully before placing any order on this site.
- Terms of sale
1.1 You must be 18 years of age or older to place any order on this site.
1.2 On this site, you can place an order for food and drinks you wish to purchase by providing your details and paying for the items at checkout
1.3 Your items will be ready collected at the VIP desk at the time chosen on the site.
1.3 Prices on this site are inclusive of VAT unless VAT is shown separately in the breakdown of the payment due when you place your order.
1.4 You will also be asked to indicate your order number during purchase, and indicate the time at which you will collect your items ("Collection Time"). You must arrive at the VIP Desk by the Collection Time and collect your items. If items are not collected within reasonable period around the Collection Time, it may be discarded and need to be repacked again when you collect.
1.5 Sale of items is subject to availability which changes from time to time. Whilst we make every effort to ensure that only the items that can be collected from the VIP Desk at the Collection Time will be shown on this site as the item that can be ordered for purchase, the London Eye may not be able to provide what you have ordered or there may be delays in the items supplied for collection due to things which are outside the London Eye’s control. If the London Eye cannot make the items you ordered available for collection at the VIP desk, the VIP desk will let you know at the time of collection and give you a full refund for such item using the same payment method that you used when placing your order.
1.6 For information on ingredients and in relation to food allergies, please speak to a member of staff at the VIP Desk.
1.7 Once you have placed your order on this site, you do not have the right to cancel or vary your order. If you wish to cancel or vary your order, and request this at the VIP Desk in person, the VIP Desk has discretion in agreeing to your request and may agree to your request. However, the London Eye does not have any obligation to accommodate your request and has no obligation to give a refund or offer an alternative product in place of the items you have ordered on this site.
1.8 The contract for sale of items by the London Eye to you is concluded between you and the London Eye when we send you an email confirming your order. Please keep this email confirmation as your receipt and present it when you collect your items at the VIP desk.
1.9 The London Eye is under a legal duty to supply items that is in conformity with this contract.
1.10 The London Eye only supplies the items for private use. You must not place an order for any commercial, business or resale purposes.
1.11 If the London Eye fails to comply with these Terms and/or contract between you and the London Eye, we will not be responsible for losses that were not foreseeable to both you and us when this contract is made, losses which were not caused by any breach on our part or business losses or losses to non-consumers. Nothing in these Terms however do not exclude or limit our liability for death, personal injury arising from our negligence or our fraud.
- Governing law and jurisdiction
This contract and any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law.
Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with this contract, its subject matter or formation shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Contact us
For any queries in relation to the sale of items on this site (other than the cancellation or variation of your order to which clause 1.7 above applies), please contact us at email@example.com
- THE ATTRACTIONS ARE PRIVATE PROPERTY. All persons entering the Attractions must hold a valid ticket. A valid form of photo ID may also be required.
- All persons under 3 years of age may enter the Attractions free of charge.
- The sale of this gift voucher by anyone other than Merlin is strictly prohibited.
- Only persons authorised by us are permitted to sell or offer for sale any items to guests within an Attraction’s grounds.
- All tickets are non-transferable, not for resale and will become automatically void on any transfer for value.
- Tickets purchased are only valid on the date printed on the ticket. Tickets may not be valid for special events and/or for entry into certain parts of an Attraction and a separate admission fee may be payable in this respect.
- Tickets will only be exchanged or refunded if Merlin, in its absolute discretion, chooses to do so. For the avoidance of any doubt, pre-booked tickets are non-refundable in the event that admission is refused or relinquished for any reason referred to in these Entry Conditions.
- Tickets booked online will be delivered in accordance with our delivery procedure. Gift cards are bought on behalf of other guests, the buyer accepts these Entry Conditions on behalf of every guest and shall ensure that these Entry Conditions are complied with by each person in the group.
- Tickets must be retained at all times and submitted for inspection if required by Merlin. No child or children under the age of 16 will be admitted to an Attraction unless they are accompanied by an adult aged 18 years or over and such child or children whilst on site must remain under the control or supervision of an adult at all times. Merlin reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to change the age restrictions referred to in this condition, if any particular circumstances so require in the interests of safety and security.
These are the terms and conditions ("Terms") on which we supply Merlin Annual Passes ("Annual Pass") to you ("Passholder" or "you"). Please read these Terms carefully before you submit your order for any Annual Pass to us. These Terms tell you who we are, how we will provide the Annual Pass to you, what to do if there is a problem and other important information.
We are Merlin Attractions Operations Limited, a company registered in England and Wales, with company number 06272935 and our registered office address is Link House, 25 West Street, Poole, Dorset, BH15 1LD ("Merlin" or "we"). You can contact us by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Merlin Annual Pass, Merlin Business Support, Leatherhead Road, Chessington, KT9 2QL. If we have to contact you, we will do so using the contact details you provide under Term 4.
These Terms are integral to each Annual Pass and are independent of any other contract and cannot be varied (other than in accordance with Term 30). Purchase and use of an Annual Pass is in accordance with the regulations of each individual Attraction (as defined below), copies of which are available at each Attraction or can be obtained online at https://www.merlinannualpass.co.uk/information/terms. Please ensure that you are willing to be bound by these regulations before purchasing your Annual Pass.
When you place an order for an Annual Pass on our website our acceptance of your order will take place when we email you to accept it, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us. We will assign a number to your order and will tell you what it is when we accept your order. It will help us if you can tell us the order number whenever you contact us about your order. You will be able to select the method by which you wish to receive or collect your Annual Pass when purchasing on the Merlin Annual Pass website: https://www.merlinannualpass.co.uk) ("Website"). If you purchase an Annual Pass in person at one of our attractions, the contract will be formed when we accept payment from you and you will either receive your Annual Pass from the same attraction on the same day or, if you have purchased your Annual Pass at a smaller attraction which does not have the facilities to print your Annual Pass, you will be required to collect from another attraction.
An Annual Pass will only be valid when it is used and/or presented by the named holder, it displays a clear photograph which must be a true likeness of the named holder, and it is within the Validity Period (as defined in Term 8). Photocopies of an Annual Pass will not be accepted at an Attraction and Merlin reserves the right in its absolute discretion to refuse entry to any person attempting to use an Annual Pass which is not an original, without offering any compensation. Any use or attempted use of an Annual Pass in breach of these Terms or the relevant Attraction's regulations will result in the Annual Pass being revoked without a refund and/or compensation.
For the avoidance of doubt, pass sharing is a breach of these Terms and any attempted use of an Annual Pass by someone other than the photographed and named holder, regardless of the reason, will result in access being refused and the Annual Pass being revoked without a refund and/or compensation. For this reason, you should ensure that the Annual Pass is kept in a safe and secure location where others will not have access to it.
- The varieties of Annual Pass available for purchase are:
1.1 The Standard Merlin Annual Pass; and
1.2 The Premium Merlin Annual Pass.
An Annual Pass may be purchased as an Individual Annual Pass or a Family Annual Pass.
Please note that the V.I.P. Merlin Annual Pass has its own Terms and Conditions (available at https://www.merlinannualpass.co.uk/vip-terms.aspx) and its issue and use is not governed by these Terms.
- These Terms will apply differently to the various types of Annual Pass, as further specified below.
- The Merlin attractions that are part of the Annual Pass scheme are: Alton Towers Resort Theme Park, LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort Theme Park, LEGOLAND® Discovery Centre (Manchester), THORPE PARK Resort Theme Park, DreamWorks Tours Shrek's Adventure! London, Chessington World of Adventures Resort Theme Park, Madame Tussauds London, the London Eye, Warwick Castle, the Blackpool Tower Attractions (the Blackpool Tower Eye, the Blackpool Circus, Jungle Jim's, SEA LIFE Blackpool, Madame Tussauds Blackpool and the Blackpool Dungeons), SEA LIFE London, Jurassic Skyline, SEA LIFE Centres & Sanctuaries based in the UK and the Dungeons (London, Edinburgh, York, Blackpool) based in the UK.
(All of these attractions shall be collectively referred to as "Attractions" and "Attraction" shall be interpreted accordingly).
3.1 The Attractions that are part of the Annual Pass Scheme are listed above (Term 3). No other Merlin attraction will be part of the Annual Pass scheme unless expressly stated by Merlin. If you turn up to any attraction which is not listed in Term 3 above, the attraction staff have the right to reject your Annual Pass and require you to buy a non-refundable full price ticket for entry into the relevant Attraction on that day.
3.2 Before booking or visiting an Attraction, please check if your pass is valid at that Attraction on the Website or contact Merlin Annual Pass directly, using the contact details set out in the second paragraph of these Terms.
- Each Annual Passholder will be issued with their own Annual Pass and will be required to supply the following data:
4.1 Their first name and surname;
4.2 Their date of birth;
4.3 Their residential address;
4.4 A contact telephone number;
4.5 A contact email address; and
4.6 A photograph which must be a true likeness of the holder, and which must conform to UK passport photo requirements,
all of which shall be processed in accordance with Term 28.
- Family Annual Pass options are as follows:
5.1 Family of 3 – means three individuals of any age;
5.2 Family of 4 – means four individuals, at least one of whom must be under 12 years of age;
5.3 Family of 5 – means five individuals, at least two of whom must be under 12 years of age.
Each individual will be issued with their own Annual Pass and, for the avoidance of doubt, will be required to supply the details listed in Term 4. In order to qualify for a Family Annual Pass, all Annual Passes must be purchased as part of the same transaction.
- The prices of each of the Annual Passes are notified to you before you purchase an Annual Pass. However you are recommended to check the following link for any updates to such prices: https://www.merlinannualpass.co.uk/compare-passes/new-pass.
- The purchaser of an Annual Pass must be 18 years or over (and if purchasing an Annual Pass on behalf of a minor (under 18s) as part of a Family Annual Pass the purchaser confirms that they are acting as agent for and on behalf of that minor and confirm that they are providing consent for the processing of the data (which is set out in Term 4) in accordance with Term 28 in respect of such minor).
- Subject to Terms 9.5, 20, 22 and 23, an Annual Pass entitles the holder to admission to the Attractions for a period of 12 months from the date of issue ("Validity Period") and is subject to the operating calendars of each Attraction and any applicable exclusion dates. The ʻvalid untilʼ date will be printed on the Annual Pass when issued and Annual Passholders can use their Annual Pass up to and including the ʻvalid untilʼ date. Please check individual Attraction opening and closing dates on the relevant Attraction's website and the Annual Pass exclusions and restrictions set out at Terms 11 and 12 before your visit. Please note that not all Attractions are open all year.
- If a disabled person has purchased a Merlin Annual Pass and presents at the relevant Attraction, at their own discretion, documentation demonstrating a disability (for example by production of a doctorʼs letter setting out the disability, proof of receipt of disability living allowance or a disabled parking badge), on receipt of such documentation, where such disabled Passholder has explicitly consented to the provision and processing of such personal sensitive data, that disabled Passholder shall be entitled to a free Carer Merlin Annual Pass ("Carer Pass") which enables them to bring their carer into an Attraction with them at no additional cost. Carer Passes are issued solely at Merlin's discretion and cannot be obtained online or over the phone. A person's sensitive data shall be processed in accordance with Term 28.
9.1 Carer Passes will be reviewed annually. Merlin recognises that disabled status and assistance required may change from year-to-year and therefore, at the time of renewal, if a disabled Passholder presents at the relevant Attraction, at their own discretion, documentation demonstrating a disability (examples as set out above), on receipt of such documentation, where such disabled Passholder has explicitly consented to the provision and processing of such personal sensitive data, that disabled Passholder shall be entitled to a renewed Carer Merlin Annual Pass.
9.2 The Carer Pass can be used by any family member, friend or carer of the disabled Passholder who is 14 years or over. The Carer Pass is issued with the disabled Passholder's Annual Pass and contains the name, date of birth and a photo of the disabled Passholder.
9.3 Whilst an Annual Pass entitles the holder to admission to the Attractions, it does not automatically entitle the holder to receive a pass for the rides ("Ride Access Pass"). Ride Access Passes are issued at the theme park Attractions and give holders priority entry to the rides so that queuing time is reduced. To obtain a Ride Access Pass (where relevant), disabled Passholders must present at an Attraction, appropriate documentation which sets out the reasons for being unable to queue and they must be accompanied by someone aged 14 years or over. For a list of acceptable documentation, please visit the relevant Attractionʼs website. The terms and conditions of the Ride Access Pass may vary for each Attraction and therefore we recommend visiting the Attraction's website to view the terms ahead of your visit. If a disabled Passholder has forgotten their Carer Pass and wishes to have a carer present during their visit to an Attraction and presents documentation demonstrating disability in accordance with Term 9, Merlin at the relevant Attraction, at its sole discretion, may issue the carer with a day ticket.
9.4 Each time a disabled Passholder visits an Attraction with a carer, they shall also supply their Carer Pass in order for the carer to be granted entry. The Carer Pass entitles the designated carer to admission to the Attractions only and does not entitle the designated carer to any other benefit including, but not limited to, privilege packs and their associated contents.
9.5 Use by the disabled Passholder and/or their carer of either the Annual Pass and/or the Carer Pass in breach of Term 9 and/or these Terms may result in both the Annual Pass held by the disabled Passholder and the Carer Pass being revoked without compensation.
- Merlin, in its absolute discretion, reserves the right to vary the opening and closing dates of the Attractions and to close, remove or cancel all or any part of the rides, events or facilities within the Attractions for any reason including, but not limited to, technical, health and safety and/or operational reasons or due to special events or private functions. For the avoidance of doubt, the full value or any part of the value of the Annual Pass will not be refunded nor will any compensation be payable if any of the Attractions become unavailable or if any or part of any of the Attractions are closed or removed from the Annual Pass scheme. Merlin will endeavour to inform Annual Passholders if an Attraction has reached capacity, is closing or where certain rides or part of an Attraction becomes unavailable. Annual Passholders are advised to check the Merlin Annual Pass Facebook feed, https://www.facebook.com/merlinannualpass/and the events page of the Website, https://www.merlinannualpass.co.uk/passholder-hub/eventsfor any cancellations or closures and special events (which may have additional costs) taking place on the relevant date and/or time of their proposed visit. Please note that some Attractions are subject to adverse weather conditions and therefore Passholders are advised to check the relevant Attraction website before travelling.
10.1 Please note that the Coca-Cola London Eye will be shut for maintenance for up to three weeks in one month of each year which for 2018 shall be between 8th January 2018 and 23rd January 2018 (inclusive). Please check www.londoneye.com for details of closure.
10.2 Additionally, please note that the Spirit of London ride at Madame Tussauds (London) will be shut for up to two weeks in January/ February 2018. This is currently scheduled for 22nd January to 2nd February 2018 (inclusive). However, as these dates may change, please check www.madametussauds.co.uk/london for details of exact dates of closure.
10.3 The Blackpool Tower Eye will be closed for maintenance midweek only from 8thJanuary to 9th February 2018 inclusive. The Blackpool Tower Ballroom will be closed for annual maintenance from 8th January 2018 to 23rd January 2018 inclusive.
10.4 Please note Jurassic Skylines operating calendar is 26th March until 28th October 2018.
- Annual Pass exclusions:
11.1 At Warwick Castle an Annual Pass is only valid for daytime entry.
11.2 At LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort Theme Park an Annual Pass does not entitle entry outside the Attractionʼs normal park opening hours as published on its website at www.legoland.co.uk or to any out of season events including Christmas.
11.3 No entry for Standard Merlin Annual Passholders into Madame Tussauds (London), the London Eye, SEA LIFE London, DreamWorks Tours Shrekʼs Adventure! London and the London Dungeon during the whole of August.
11.4 No entry for Standard Merlin Annual Passholders into Madame Tussauds (London), the London Eye, SEA LIFE London, DreamWorks Tours Shrekʼs Adventure! London and the London Dungeon on bank holidays in England.
11.5 No entry for Standard Merlin Annual Passholders into the London Eye on 14th February each year.
11.6 No entry for Standard Merlin Annual Passholders into the London Dungeon for up to three days in October of each year which, for 2018, are 26th to 28th October 2018 (inclusive).
11.7 No entry for Standard Merlin Annual Passholders into THORPE PARK Resort, Chessington World of Adventures Resort, Alton Towers Resort, LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort and Warwick Castle on any Friday, Saturday or Sunday in August 2018 or the 1st and 2nd September 2018.
11.8 Rides, attractions within an Attraction, and Attractions generally are subject to availability and capacity.
Merlin may, at any time, in its absolute discretion, add any further exclusions which shall be applicable to the Standard Merlin Annual and/or the Premium Merlin Annual Pass as determined by Merlin.
- The Premium Annual Pass (with the exception of Term 12.10 (subject to Term 16)) and the Standard Merlin Annual Pass are subject to additional charges including, but not limited to, entrance fees, reservation or pre-booking fees (where applicable), parking fees, and/or booking fees for entry into:
12.1 Any concerts taking place at the Attractions, any themed and/or special events taking place at the Attractions including, but not limited to, Dungeon LATES, Shrekʼs Adventure! London LATES and SEA LIFE After Dark along with other events including (but not limited to) those managed by third parties;
12.2 All Christmas event openings including, but not limited to, the LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort Christmas event and Chessington World of Adventures Resort Theme Park Winterʼs Tail;
12.3 Secondary attractions at Chessington World of Adventures Resort Theme Park including, but not limited to, VIP experiences, the Savannah Splash Pool and Gym, selected Halloween mazes and all attractions at Go Ape;
12.4 Secondary attractions at Alton Towers Resort Theme Park including, but not limited to, the Alton Towers Waterpark, Extraordinary Golf, Alton Towers Spa, Scarefest Mazes and Tree Top Quest;
12.5 Secondary attractions at THORPE PARK Resort Theme Park including, but not limited to, Fright Nights, Ministry of Sound, and Mazes;
12.6 The Blackpool Tower Circus (including additional fees for entry to The Royal Box, V.I.P. seating areas and second row seating) other than the standard seat on the day of their visit which is included within the Annual Pass in accordance with Term 14.2,
12.7 The Blackpool Tower Dungeon Escape Room;
12.8 Pirate Adventure Golf at SEA LIFE Weymouth;
12.9 Any other event as determined by Merlin (acting reasonably) from time to time;
12.10 Parking at the Attractions; and
12.11 Any secondary attractions at Warwick Castle including, but not limited to, the Castle Dungeon, which are be subject to additional charges.
Merlin may, in its absolute discretion, add any further restrictions to the list set out in Term 12 from time to time which shall be applicable to the Standard Merlin Annual and/or the Premium Merlin Annual Pass as determined by Merlin.
- Neither a Standard Merlin Annual Pass nor a Premium Merlin Annual Pass will guarantee immediate entry to any Attraction or any event at any time. At Attractions or events which allocate individual time slots for entry or where pre-booking is available, Standard Merlin Annual Passholders are required to book an available time slot or pre-book their entry in advance in order to guarantee entry to the Attraction or an event, otherwise they will not be permitted entry. Premium Merlin Annual Passholders, unless otherwise stated, are not required to book a time slot or pre-book entry in advance to the Attraction or an event but unless they do so they will not be guaranteed entry if they just turn up to the Attraction; entry is always subject to the Attraction not being at full capacity. Please note that Premium Merlin Annual Passholders may be turned away from the Attraction or the event if they have not booked in advance. Please note that all time slots are subject to availability and so to guarantee a specific time slot, booking in advance is strongly recommended. Annual Passholders are able to book an available time slot online by visiting the relevant Attractionʼs website, however a small fee may apply. When any Annual Passholder has booked a timeslot (irrespective of whether they hold a Standard Merlin Annual Pass or a Premium Merlin Annual Pass), the Attraction may ask such Passholder to leave the Attraction at the end of their allocated timeslot.
- Annual Pass benefits:
14.1 An Annual Pass entitles the Annual Passholder to purchase up to five discounted entry tickets for family and friends per individual Attraction per visit (excluding any secondary attractions including, but not limited to, the Alton Towers Waterpark and special events). Such discounted entry tickets are subject to certain restrictions, further information and details of which can be found at the relevant Attraction's website. The Annual Passholder must be present on the day of the visit and a valid Annual Pass must be presented upon collection of these tickets which will be sold at such prices as Merlin shall decide from time to time and are subject to availability. Tickets must be booked at least 24 hours in advance of your visit. To find out more, please visit https://www.merlinannualpass.co.uk/passholder-hub/perks/friends-and-family.
14.2 An Annual Pass entitles the Annual Passholder to one standard seat in the Tower Circus per Passholder on the day of their visit, subject to availability. Alternatively, in order to guarantee a seat on a specific day, the Annual Passholder can pay £5 in order to book their standard seat in advance.
- An Annual Pass is only valid for standard Coca-Cola London Eye tickets. An Annual Pass may not be used for any of the following (without limitation):
15.1 Admission on to the London Eye River Cruise;
15.2 Pre-booked capsules;
15.3 Private capsules;
15.4 Civil ceremonies or weddings;
15.5 Champagne Experience;
15.6 Themed seasonal tickets; or
15.7 Packages, such as restaurants, hotels, theatre and combination tickets.
- Car parking fees at the Attractions will be payable by Standard Merlin Annual Passholders. Premium Merlin Annual Passholders are entitled to free standard car parking at Chessington World of Adventures Resort Theme Park, Alton Towers Resort Theme Park, LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort Theme Park, THORPE PARK Resort Theme Park and Warwick Castle. Merlin reserves the right, acting reasonably, to change the list of Attractions where free standard car parking is available upon written notice to Premium Merlin Annual Passholders. For the avoidance of doubt, parking fees will apply at those Attractions not listed above for Premium Merlin Annual Passholders.
- Fastrack tickets are not included within the Standard Merlin Annual Pass and will incur an additional charge. Each Premium Merlin Annual Passholder will receive with their Premium Merlin Annual Pass a "£5 off" fastrack voucher ("Fastrack Voucher") for each of the following Attractions (a) Alton Towers Resort Theme Park, (b) Chessington World of Adventures Resort Theme Park and (c) THORPE PARK Resort Theme Park. Subject to availability, a single Fastrack Voucher can be used to gain discounted fastrack entry to participating rides at the Attraction specified on the Fastrack Voucher during the validity period specified on the Fastrack Voucher. This shall not include Mazes at any of our theme park Attractions. Where the value of the single ride fastrack ticket is less than the value of the Fastrack Voucher, no change will be given but the Premium Merlin Annual Passholder shall be entitled to redeem the remaining value of the Fastrack Voucher against other single fastrack rides. Please note that only one Fastrack Voucher can be redeemed per transaction at each of the Attractions listed above. A Fastrack Voucher can only be used by the named Premium Merlin Annual Passholder and is non-transferable and cannot be sold, loaned or given away to or used by a third party.
- Each Premium Merlin Annual Passholder will receive with their Premium Merlin Annual Pass three Share The Fun vouchers ("Share The Fun Voucher") which can be used for entry at any of the Attractions. Share The Fun Vouchers are subject to availability, a maximum of three Share The Fun vouchers can be used to gain discounted entry per Merlin Annual Pass. Share The Fun Vouchers are valid for use only during the lifetime of the Merlin Annual Pass they are issued with. For the avoidance of doubt, this means that the Share the Fun Vouchers must be used within one year from the date of purchase of the relevant Merlin Annual Pass. Share The Fun Vouchers are valid for Standard entry only, do not include additional attractions such as (but not limited to) the Castle Dungeon at Warwick Castle, The Blackpool Tower Eye & The Blackpool Tower Circus between 6thOctober and 4thNovember 2018, The Blackpool Tower Dungeon between 27thand 31st October 2018 and cannot be used during special events such as (but not limited to) concerts and firework events at Alton Towers Resort. A Share The Fun voucher can only be used by the named Premium Merlin Annual Passholder and is non-transferable and cannot be sold, loaned or given away to or used by a third party.
- To use an Annual Pass, the Annual Passholder must show it at the admissions office, turnstile or other authorised entry point of the relevant Attraction. Entry to an Attraction by use of an Annual Pass will only be permitted if a valid Annual Pass can be presented. Failure to present a valid Annual Pass (due to it having been lost, stolen or forgotten) will result in a charge of the "on the day" admission rate applicable to the relevant Attraction, which will be non-refundable. Re-entry to the same Attraction on the same day requires a hand stamp which will be given to the Annual Passholder by the Attraction on exit from the Attraction.
- All Annual Passes remain the property of Merlin and can be withdrawn at any time. Annual Passholders shall take all reasonable steps to ensure that an Annual Pass or Merlin gift voucher is kept secure at all times and any Annual Pass which has been lost, stolen and/or damaged should be reported to the relevant Attraction pursuant to Term 25. Please note should you lose a gift voucher this will not be replaced. Annual Passes are non-transferable and cannot be sold, loaned or given away to or used by a third party. An Annual Pass will automatically be deemed void and shall be revoked without a refund and/or compensation if sold, loaned or given away or if any attempt is made to sell, loan or give it away. In the absolute discretion of the relevant Attraction, access will be denied to any or all Attractions and the relevant Annual Passholder's pass revoked, if Merlin considers the Annual Passholder to be guilty of (i) fraud or attempted fraud in respect of the Annual Pass, (ii) misuse of the Annual Pass (e.g. abuse of the Annual Pass benefits); and/or (iii) inappropriate conduct. Inappropriate conduct includes, but is not limited to, displaying any sign or visible representation of any kind which is, or could reasonably be judged to be, threatening, abusive or insulting to any member of Merlin staff and/or other members of the public visiting the Attractions, or allowing or assisting a third party to attempt to gain unauthorised or improper access to any Attraction with an Annual Pass of which they are not the valid holder. For the avoidance of doubt, no refund and/or compensation will be given in such circumstances.
- An individual who has their Annual Pass revoked in accordance with Term 9.5, 20 or 22 shall be prevented from obtaining a replacement Annual Pass and, in the future, is required to purchase a full price entrance ticket to enter an Attraction and this will be non-refundable. A year after the date an individual has their Annual Pass revoked, such individual can contact Merlin to purchase a new Annual Pass and Merlin will assess the revocation or ban at the time. The issue of any new Annual Pass in accordance with this Term 21 is at the absolute discretion of Merlin and is subject to availability. Customers who are permitted by Merlin to purchase a new Annual Pass in accordance with this Term 21 shall be required to pay the full purchase price applicable at the time of purchase and therefore will not be entitled to purchase at the renewal price.
- An Annual Pass or Merlin gift voucher that is discovered to have been purchased through illegal methods (including, but not limited to, the use of fraudulent debit/credit cards) and/or through unauthorised third party channels, will be revoked without compensation. Should you require any further information regarding Merlinʼs approved third party suppliers, please contact email@example.com.
- The management of the relevant Attraction, acting reasonably, reserves the right to refuse admission at any time and for any reason including, but not being limited to, the Attraction being at full capacity.
- All Merlin Annual Passholders are subject to a bag search on entry to any Attraction. Refusal to allow a search may result in access to the site being denied on the date of visit.
- In the event of a lost, stolen and/or damaged Annual Pass, the Annual Passholder should contact Merlin directly to have the relevant Annual Pass blocked. Contact details are set out at the beginning of these Terms. Merlin will re-issue a replacement Annual Pass subject to a maximum of four replacement Annual Passes per Annual Passholder per year. Replacement Annual Passes will only be issued at the original issuing Attraction to the individual whose details have been provided in accordance with Term 4. An administration fee of up to £10 will be charged for the re-issue of each lost or damaged Annual Pass. The re-issue of stolen Annual Passes will also be subject to the £10 re-issue fee unless the holder can provide Merlin with a relevant crime reference number when requesting that the Annual Pass is re-issued.
- Unless stated otherwise, an Annual Pass cannot be used in conjunction with any promotional offer, voucher or advance booking or with any discount or retail/restaurant incentive. The Annual Passholder is only entitled to the discounts stated in these Terms or such other discounts as made available to Annual Passholders at Merlin's discretion from time to time.
- Once an Annual Pass has been purchased, the Annual Passholder cannot cancel such Annual Pass for the purposes of obtaining a refund. Subject to consumers' statutory rights, Merlin Annual Passes are non-refundable.
- Merlin shall only use an Annual Passholderʼs details under this Term 28 in accordance with the fair processing notice set out in Annex A. You acknowledge that the processing is necessary for the performance of our contract with you to enable you to obtain and use the Annual Pass. Merlin reserves the right to use an Annual Passholderʼs details to contact them in relation to service information, including, but not limited to, information about changes to these Terms, expiry and/or renewal reminders.
28.1 Where an Annual Passholder provides evidence of a disability in accordance with Term 9, the Annual Passholder acknowledges that Merlin will be collecting sensitive personal data (e.g. health information regarding a disability or impairment). The Annual Passholder agrees that, to the extent that he/she has provided Merlin with sensitive personal data, he/she provided it deliberately and voluntarily. The Annual Passholder also expressly consents that Merlin can use the sensitive personal data in order to verify their disability status and provide the services relevant to the Annual Pass, to the Annual Passholder. Where possible, Merlin shall seek to minimise the collection and use of such sensitive personal data, and shall ensure that appropriate safeguards (including confidentiality agreements) are in place to protect such sensitive personal data.
28.2 Where an Annual Passholder is over 16 and has opted-in to receive information about Merlin products and events, Merlin may use the Annual Passholderʼs details provided in accordance with Terms 4.1 and 4.5 for marketing purposes for such products and events. If the Annual Passholder wishes to opt out of receiving such information, the Annual Passholder can do so at any time by contacting Merlin at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or by post at Merlin Entertainments Group, Privacy Department, 3 Market Close, Poole, Dorset BH15 1NQ.
28.3 For the purposes of these Terms, Merlin only collects personal information from individuals under the age of 16 where the parent or guardian has provided express written consent for the relevant minor while purchasing an Annual Pass in respect of that minor.
28.4 Merlin may from time to time analyse purchase and spending data. This is anonymised and will be made available only to other members of the Merlin Entertainments Group of companies and to external companies as set out in the fair processing notice set out in Annex A.
- Merlin is entitled, in its absolute discretion, to change the price payable for its Annual Pass at any time and for any reason and may from time to time offer pricing or promotional offers for purchasing the Annual Pass at specific Attractions, online, or through third party channels. Please note that Merlin does not price match the price payable for an Annual Pass. If Merlin changes the price payable for its Annual Pass, it will advise Annual Passholders on the Website. For the avoidance of doubt, any changes in pricing will not apply to existing Annual Passes retrospectively.
- Merlin reserves the right to vary these Terms by giving Annual Passholders no less than 30 daysʼ written notice of such variation by using the details provided in accordance with Term 4. Please note that Merlin may update these Terms in 2018 to take account of the coming into force of the Regulation EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council and such changes will be available on the terms and conditions page of the Website at https://www.merlinannualpass.co.uk/information/termsso please review the website periodically for changes. If you do not accept the amended terms, this may affect our ability to provide certain products and services to you. Please see the section regarding "Your Rights" in the fair processing notice set out in Annex A for further information regarding continued processing.
- On the presentation of an Annual Pass, Annual Passholders may receive discounts and/or benefits from Merlin and/or third parties. Such third parties discounts and/or benefits are subject to change. Merlin is entitled to remove, change and/or withdraw any or all discounts and/or benefits in its absolute discretion at any time and for any reason. A list of the current benefits available directly from Merlin can be located at https://www.merlinannualpass.co.uk/passholder-hub/perks/in-our-worlds#tabs and are subject to availability.
- Visitors under 12 years of age to Alton Towers Resort Theme Park, Chessington World of Adventures Resort Theme Park, THORPE PARK Resort Theme Park and Warwick Castle must be accompanied, at all times, by an individual aged 18 years or over. Visitors under 16 years of age to SEA LIFE Centres and Sanctuaries must be accompanied, at all times, by an individual aged 18 years or over, excluding SEA LIFE Blackpool and SEA LIFE London and SEA LIFE Scarborough. Visitors under 14 years of age to LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort Theme Park, Jurassic Skyline and SEA LIFE Scarborough must be accompanied, at all times, by an individual aged 18 years or over. Visitors under 15 years of age to the Blackpool Tower Attractions (as defined in Term 3) must be accompanied, at all times, by an individual aged 18 years or over. Visitors 15 years and under to the London Eye, SEA LIFE London, the London Dungeon, DreamWorks Tours Shrekʼs Adventure! London and Madame Tussauds (London) must be accompanied, at all times, by an individual aged 18 years or over. Visitors aged 15 and under to the Edinburgh Dungeon must be accompanied, at all times, by an individual aged 16 years or over. Visitors under 16 years of age to the York Dungeon must be accompanied, at all times, by an individual aged 18 years or over. With regard to LEGOLAND® Discovery Centre (Manchester), all adults aged 18 years or over must be accompanied by a child 17 years or under and all visitors 17 years and under must be accompanied at all times, by an individual aged 18 years or over.
- Visitors aged 1 or 2 will require a ticket to visit the Blackpool Tower Circus and an additional ticket to play at Jungle Jim's. Visitors under 3 years of age may enter Chessington World of Adventures Resort Theme Park, THORPE PARK Resort Theme Park, Alton Towers Resort Theme Park, Warwick Castle, DreamWorks Tours Shrekʼs Adventure! London, the London Dungeon, the London Eye, Madame Tussauds (London) LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort Theme Park, LEGOLAND® Discovery Centre (Manchester), the Blackpool Tower Eye, the Blackpool Tower Dungeon, Jurassic Skyline, SEA LIFE London and other SEA LIFE Centres and Sanctuaries free of charge. Visitors under 4 years of age may enter the York Dungeon free of charge. Visitors under 4 years of age will not be admitted to the Edinburgh Dungeon. Visitors under 15 years of age may enter the Blackpool Tower Ballroom free of charge (limited to a maximum of two such free entrants per Annual Passholder aged 18 years or over per visit).
- Height, weight, size and age restrictions and medical warnings apply to certain rides and attractions. Some rides at LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort Theme Park, Chessington World of Adventures Resort Theme Park, THORPE PARK Resort Theme Park and Alton Towers Resort Theme Park will require visitors who only just meet the minimum height requirements to be accompanied by an individual aged 16 years or over. Jungle Jim's is a height-based Attraction and any child playing requires a valid entry ticket or a Merlin Annual Pass.
- All Annual Passholders, their family members and friends entering a Merlin Attraction by virtue of a discounted entry ticket are required to comply with the booking and entry conditions (including without limitation any restrictions relating to height, weight, size, age (including the ages for which children are required to be accompanied by an adult) and any medical warnings) set out on Merlin's website. Annual Passholders should check the relevant Attraction's website before booking a visit or visiting.
- If we fail to comply with these Terms, we are responsible for any direct loss or damage that you suffer provided that such loss or damage is a direct consequence and foreseeable result of our breach, and provided that you use all reasonable endeavours to mitigate such loss and/or damage. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen, for example, if you discussed it with us during the ordering process. We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so.
Annex A - Fair Processing Notice
Merlin Attractions Operations Limited ("Merlin") values the privacy of those individuals that it provides services to. This fair processing notice ("Notice") sets out the basis on which Merlin processes and protects the personal data we collect from you. Whilst Merlin is the primary controller of your personal data, other entities within the Merlin group may process their own copies of your personal data from time to time, consistent with the purposes set out in this Notice.
We reserve the right to update or otherwise amend this notice at any time, and shall make the updated version available on our website, so please check periodically.
TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU:
"Personal Information" refers to information which does or is capable of identifying you as an individual. The types of Personal Information that we process will include but is not limited to: full names and titles; email addresses; date of birth; gender; postal addresses and product purchases.
We comply with principles of "data minimisation", and only collect the types and volume of Personal Information required to achieve the purposes set out in this Notice.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will use the Personal Information we collect for the purposes of: delivering marketing communications and product news where you have given your consent to such communications; statistical purposes to improve our Website, communications and the services we provide to you; research and statistical analysis; processing purchase orders; and providing and administering products and services you have requested.
In the majority of cases, the processing of your personal data will be justified on one of the following bases: (i) it is provided for in the Merlin Annual Pass Terms and Conditions, and therefore necessary to give effect to that contract; (ii) it is necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation; or (iii) it is in our legitimate interests as a business, and our interests are not overridden by your interests, fundamental rights or freedoms.
Where you have applied for a Carer Pass, you will have provided sensitive personal data (e.g. health information regarding a disability or impairment). The processing of such data will be additionally justified by it being carried out subject to your explicit consent.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal Information will not be kept for longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it is processed (which will normally mean after your Annual Pass has expired) and will be retained in accordance with our records management policy.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
In order to carry out the purposes outlined above, we may share Personal Information with third parties we have contracted with to provide services. These third parties include: Experian Marketing Services; Cheetah Digital; CTI Digital; Avius Insight; Zen Desk; and Adare International.
Third parties are restricted from using or disclosing your Personal Information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf and are required to comply with applicable legal requirements.
Furthermore, if required, we may disclose Personal Information in response to official government or regulatory requests; to prevent physical harm; or in the event of merger or acquisition.
TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION ACROSS BORDERS
Due to the global nature of our business, the Personal Information we collect may be transferred, processed and stored across geographical borders. For instance, we may transfer Personal Information locally or overseas, including to the European Union, United States, Australia and Singapore and other locations where we have business operations and where our data processing agents may perform duties for us. Whether to third parties or internally, any transfers of Personal Information from the European Economic Area to countries not automatically deemed to provide an adequate level of data protection are governed by European Union (EU) standard contractual clauses and/or equivalent data transfer regulations to protect the security and confidentiality of Personal Information. From 25th May 2018, you have a right to request a copy of any data transfer agreement under which your personal data is transferred, or to otherwise have access to the safeguards used. Any data transfer agreement made available to you may be redacted for reasons of commercial sensitivity.
We will, where required by local law, obtain your prior consent to such cross-border transfers or otherwise we will take such other steps as are required by local law. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your Personal Information is treated securely and in accordance with this Notice.
PROTECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We have implemented reasonable physical, technical and administrative security standards to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse, alteration, destruction or damage.
You have the following rights in respect of your personal data:
- to obtain a copy of your personal data together with information about how and on what basis that personal data is processed; and
- to rectify inaccurate personal data.
From 25th May 2018, you also have the right:
- to erase your personal data in limited circumstances where it is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or processed;
- to restrict processing of your personal data where: (a) the accuracy of the personal data is contested; (b) the processing is unlawful but you object to the erasure of the personal data; (c) we no longer require the personal data for the purposes for which it was collected, but it is required for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim;
- to challenge processing which we have justified on the basis of a legitimate interest;
- to object to decisions which are based solely on automated processing or profiling;
- to obtain a portable copy of your personal data, or to have a copy transferred to a third party controller; and
- to obtain a copy of or access to safeguards under which your personal data is transferred outside of the EEA (see above).
- If you have a complaint about how we have handled your Personal Information you may contact us and we will investigate your complaint. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (i.e. your local data protection authority) once you have tried to resolve the issue with us.
- For changes, such as modifying your Personal Information where it is no longer accurate, and to exercise any of your rights, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading "Exercise of Data Subject Right(s)".
Tickets are valid for one use only. For the London Dungeon, guests 15 years or younger must be accompanied by a guardian 18 years or older. All tickets are subject to availability, non-chargeable, non-refundable, and not for re-sale. Ticket prices may be subject to change. Savings based on purchase of standard adult tickets on the day. Savings vary depending on combination of tickets and passes purchased. Tickets for all attractions must be booked into a time slot for entry, please exchange at the relevant attractions or log into the booking portal. Full terms and conditions apply and are available on request.