All persons riding on The London Eye (the "Eye") and/or visiting the London Eye 4D Cinema Experience and/or its premises at County Hall and/or Jubilee Gardens and/or riding on a London Eye River Cruise ("RC") do so subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Tickets (which include admission to the London Eye 4D Cinema Experience) may be purchased either individually or a capsule may be hired exclusively (referred to as a "Private Capsule"). The maximum number of persons allowed per Private Capsule is 25. The maximum number of people permitted per "Cupid's Capsule" is two adults 18 years of age or older. For all other ticket holders, the number of persons per capsule may vary. The London Eye is operated by the London Eye Management Service Limited a company registered in England and Wales under company number 2896849 with a registered office at Link House, 25 West Street, Poole, Dorset, BH15 1LD, as an agent for and on behalf of Merlin Attractions Operations Limited. For all payments made via this website, Merlin Attractions Operations Ltd will be the responsible contractual party. This responsibility includes: refunds, chargebacks, cancellations and dispute resolution. In the event that a dispute is raised, we will offer the first line of support and will refund the Buyer, if deemed appropriate. Merlin Attractions Operations Limited a company registered in England and Wales under company number 6272935 with a registered office at Link House, 25 West Street, Poole, Dorset, BH15 1LD.
- Unless a Private Capsule has been booked, groups of 28 persons will not always travel in the same capsule. A minimum of three adults (aged 16 plus) are permitted in a capsule, except at the absolute discretion of London Eye Management Services Limited. ("LEMS").
- For the safety and comfort of all guests, suitable clothing, including shirt and shoes, must be worn at all times while visiting the Eye itself, in the 4D Cinema Experience, inside County Hall, on the RC or the boarding platform leading to the Eye.
- It is prohibited to take onto the Eye or the RC any objects with a sharp point or sharp edge capable of being used to cause serious injury, any weapons, fireworks, smoke bombs, glass bottles, flammable liquids or other articles, which may cause injury. The throwing of any article which could cause injury or annoyance is strictly prohibited. Restrictions apply to some types of film and photography equipment. For more information please contact the London Eye press office: email@example.com or call 0207 960 0415.
- To prevent offensive weapons or dangerous articles, such as those with a sharp point or edge, from being taken onto the London Eye, into the 4D Cinema Experience, the London Eye River Cruise, Jubilee Gardens or into County Hall, visitors are admitted on condition that if requested to do so, they will allow themselves and/or their belongings to be searched. It should be noted that the London Eye uses specialist search equipment that omits a small magnetic field; this is harmless to the vast majority of guests, however if you suffer from any medical condition or have been fitted with a medical device that your doctor advises should not be subjected to a scan please bring this to the attention of a member of staff before attempting to board the London Eye.
- Smoking, including e-cigarettes and ‘vaping’, is strictly prohibited on the Eye itself, in the 4D Cinema Experience, inside County Hall, on the RC or the boarding platform leading to the Eye.
- No food or beverage of any nature may be consumed on the Eye itself, in the 4D Cinema Experience or on the boarding platform leading to the Eye without express permission of LEMS.
- Ticket holders for London Eye standard tickets (including disabled guests and groups and schools) must arrive at the entrance to the boarding line 30 minutes prior to the experience time printed on the ticket. Additional time will need to be allowed if tickets need to be collected, or if guests intend to visit the 4D Cinema Experience.
- Ticket holders for London Eye Fast Track tickets (including disabled guests and groups and schools) must arrive at the entrance to the Fast Track line 15 minutes prior to the experience time printed on the ticket. Additional time will need to be allowed if tickets need to be collected, or if guests intend to visit the 4D Cinema Experience.
- Every person intending to join a Private Capsule experience (including Cupid’s Capsule), Champagne Experience, or any other hosted Experience are encouraged to check in at the VIP Experience Desk at County Hall 45 minutes prior to the booked time, allowing time to visit the Eye Lounge or 4D Cinema Experience. All of these guests must reconvene at the VIP Experience Desk 15 minutes prior to their experience time. Alternatively, guests can visit the 4D Cinema Experience at their leisure after their experience. Latecomers will not be admitted to the London Eye except at the absolute discretion of LEMS.
- Guests 15 years or younger must be accompanied by a Guardian 18 years or older whilst on or in the vicinity of the Eye and in the 4D Cinema Experience or during a RC and shall remain under the control or supervision of an adult at all times. A Private Capsule may only be hired by persons aged 18 years or over. Children under the age of 18 are permitted in a capsule where alcoholic beverages may be available but will not be served alcohol.
- Payments for all ticket types and bookings for Private Capsules are non-refundable. All tickets and Private Capsule bookings may only be changed or replaced at the absolute discretion of LEMS. If any customer wishes to amend the date or time of any booking on the Eye following the purchase of ticket(s) the customer should immediately notify LEMS who shall use its reasonable endeavours to accommodate the alternative date and time requested by the customer. An administration fee of £10 per booking will be charged by LEMS to that customer. For the avoidance of doubt, the administration fee will apply to all bookings made on-line on LEMS's website (as referred to in condition 27), through the call centre operated by LEMS and through the kiosks situated at the Eye. For Private Capsule bookings higher charges will apply.
- LEMS reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to refuse entry on to or remove from the London Eye, the 4D Cinema Experience, Eye Lounge, County Hall, Jubilee Gardens, London Eye River Cruise/Pier or the vicinity without any explanation, this includes but is not limited to any person who:-
- has been convicted of a criminal offence which, in the opinion of LEMS, is likely to affect the safety or enjoyment of other visitors;
- has behaved in a manner which, in the opinion of LEMS has, or is likely to affect the safety or enjoyment of other visitors;
- has used threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour or in any way provokes or behaves in a manner which may provoke a breach of the peace
- is or appears to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- is planning to bring/or has brought any items, including flags, banners, clothing or promotional materials, which in the opinion of LEMS has, or is likely to cause offence in anyway or impact the experience of other visitors.
- The use of illegal substances and/or legal highs are strictly prohibited and any persons found possessing, using or who appear to be under the influence of illegal substances and/or legal highs will be refused admission or removed from the London Eye, 4D Cinema Experience, County Hall, Jubilee Gardens and RC.
- Guests must keep personal belongings with them at all times. LEMS accepts no responsibility for the loss, theft or damage to any personal items brought onto the Eye, into the 4D Cinema Experience, the RC, or into County Hall.
- Save as otherwise permitted by LEMS, all persons riding the Eye, visiting the 4D Cinema Experience or a RC must pay for admission (whether a ticket or Private Capsule hire) prior to boarding the Eye. Tickets must be retained at all times and submitted for inspection if required by any employee or agent of LEMS. Any person attempting to gain admission to the Eye or the 4D Cinema Experience without a valid ticket may be ejected from the Eye or its vicinity.
- Pets or animals of any nature are expressly prohibited on the Eye itself, in the 4D Cinema Experience, the RC, the boarding platform leading to the Eye and County Hall (except for guide dogs and hearing dogs).
- Unnecessary noise, (such as that from the use of radio sets, personal stereos and other electrical equipment), or any behaviour likely to cause annoyance to other visitors or confusion of any kind is not permitted on or in the vicinity of the Eye or the 4D Cinema Experience and will result in immediate ejection from the 4D Cinema Experience. This applies to both individuals and groups.
- Admission to the London Eye 4D Cinema Experience will only be valid on the day of your London Eye experience. The London Eye 4D Cinema Experience opens at the published opening time of the London Eye ticket office and closes 15 minutes prior to the last experience of the day.
- The following special effects are used in the 4D Cinema Experience: fog, bubbles, wind, snow, strobe lighting, vibrating flooring. The use of these special effects are intermittent, and while every effort is made to ensure the wellbeing of guests, the LEMS does advise that if any guest has a pre-existing condition that could be exacerbated by exposure to any of these special effects, then these guests should not enter the 4D Cinema Experience.
- The following restrictions apply to the London Eye 4D Cinema Experience:
- The consumption of food and drink is strictly prohibited in the 4D Cinema itself and in the waiting area prior to entering the cinema
- Sound, video recording equipment and cameras are not permitted inside the 4D Cinema Experience. It is a criminal offence to copy or attempt to copy the copyright protected material shown
- Guests must remain within permitted guest areas and must adhere to our health and safety procedures and guidelines (as guests may be instructed to do so by London Eye staff from time to time)
- Guests purchasing London Eye Fast Track tickets are not entitled to priority entry into the 4D Cinema Experience
- The Eye Lounge is open from 11:00 Monday to Saturday, and 12:00 on Sunday, and closes 30 minutes before the last London Eye experience. The Eye Lounge may be closed on occasion for private events, and purchase of a London Eye ticket does not guarantee entrance to the Eye Lounge.
- The London Eye, RC, and Eye Lounge operate a THINK 25 policy. Any guest who appears to be under 25 year old without suitable photographic ID will not be served alcohol.
- No ticket may be resold without the previous written consent of LEMS. If LEMS reasonably believes that a ticket has been resold without such consent, the holder may be refused entry to or ejected from the Eye without payment of compensation
- LEMS will use its reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Eye, 4D Cinema Experience, County Hall and Jubilee Gardens are open for use by visitors during normal opening hours. However, LEMS reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, whether for safety reasons or otherwise, and with or without prior notice, to close the Eye, 4D Cinema Experience or any part of it, County Hall or Jubilee Gardens. In the event of closure of the Eye itself, LEMS will refund any visitor whose ride is cancelled, the cost of his or her prepaid ticket, but otherwise shall have no liability whatever, including no liability for travel expenses or any other out of pocket expenses, in respect of closure of part or all of the Eye, the 4D Cinema Experience or cancellation of any ride. If the 4D Cinema Experience is closed no refunds will be offered, but the London Eye ticket will be extended for entrance to the 4D Cinema Experience only at a later date.
- Other than liability for death or personal injury resulting from LEMS's negligence, LEMS, its employees or agents shall not be liable for any loss or damage, direct or indirect, howsoever arising, including without limitation any distress, inconvenience or anxiety caused during the course of any ride undertaken and/or during evacuation from the Eye in the event of breakdown or accident.
- Merlin Annual Pass holders are not entitled to priority entry into the 4D cinema Experience.
- The London Eye is operated by London Eye Management Services Limited as agent for and on behalf of Merlin Attractions Operations Limited.
- From time to time LEMS or other authorised parties may carry out photography and/or video recording and/or other monitoring on or in the vicinity of the Eye, in the 4D Cinema Experience, on a RC, in County Hall or Jubilee Gardens, which may feature visitors. By accepting these terms and conditions, you agree that LEMS or any authorised party may use such images in perpetuity in any promotional, advertising or publicity material in any format whatsoever. You further agree that copyright in these materials rests with LEMS or such authorised party (as the case may be).
- The RC is owned by London Eye Management Services Limited and operated by Woods River Cruises - the Silver Fleet (WRC). LEMS shall not be liable to any passenger on the RC, for any loss or damage which arises out of or in connection with or as a consequence of the operation of RC including, but not being limited to, loss of profit, damage to or loss of property or items belonging to the passenger and any personal injury to the passenger (but only so far as such injury is not caused by LEMS's negligence). WRC reserves the right to substitute for any vessel hire another vessel of a capacity sufficient to accommodate the number of persons expected to be carried, and / or to vary the RC at the absolute discretion of WRC. WRC will use its reasonable endeavours to ensure that the RC operates. However, WRC reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, whether for safety reasons or otherwise, and with or without prior notice, to cancel the RC. In the event of such cancellation, LEMS will refund to any visitor whose ride is cancelled, the cost of his or her prepaid ticket, but otherwise shall have no liability whatever, including no liability for travel expenses or any other out of pocket expenses, in respect of the cancellation. RC ticket holders must arrive at Waterloo pier no less than 15 minutes prior to the cruise time. Latecomers will not be admitted except at the absolute discretion of WRC. No food or drinks may be brought on to the vessel by visitors for consumption on the vessel, except with express permission of WRC.
- From time to time LEMS may sell tickets as a third party agent. Any events/rides/trips/meals or anything else for which such tickets are sold by LEMS ("Third Party Events") shall be operated in accordance with the terms and conditions of the relevant operator and LEMS shall not be liable to any customer, for any loss or damage which arises out of or in connection with or as a consequence of the operation of any Third Party Event including, but not being limited to, loss of profit, damage to or loss of property or items belonging to the passenger and any personal injury to the passenger (but only so far as such injury is not caused by LEMS's negligence).
- Some (but not all): (a) types of tickets; and (b) products are available for purchase online through LEMS's website (www.londoneye.com) ("Website"). For the avoidance of doubt, such tickets and products are available in limited quantities and each purchase will be subject to availability. If customers choose to book tickets for an experience on the London Eye and/or the London Eye River Cruise online then they may receive a discount of 10% or more. Such discount shall not be available on bookings made by telephone or in person and the LEMS reserves the rights to withdraw or change this discount at any time. The Website may contain links to websites and other resources operated by third parties other than LEMS. Such links are provided solely as a convenience to you (for example: to allow you to make payment for tickets and products through MasterCard). LEMS does not control such websites, and is not responsible for the content, products, services or information offered by any third parties. The inclusion of links to third party websites on the Website does not imply any endorsement of any website or the content, products or services offered, advertised, endorsed or promoted by any third party, or of any company or person. If you decide to access any third party websites or acquire any third party products or services, you do so entirely at your own risk, and you may be subject to the terms and conditions and the privacy policies imposed by such third parties.
Photography: Unless it is expressly prohibited, you are permitted to take photographs and recordings within the Attraction provided that these are solely for private use and are not sold or used for any commercial or public purpose. By accepting these Entry Conditions, you acknowledge that Merlin may on demand have access to photographs taken and video footage captured by you and request that certain photographs and/or footage are deleted if they are deemed to be offensive to or infringe the privacy of other guests and/or staff. By accepting these Entry Conditions, you agree not to intentionally photograph and/or capture video footage of any individual without that person’s permission and you must adhere to all photography/filming restrictions in place from time to time whilst within the Attraction. From time to time Merlin or other authorised parties carry out photography and/or video recording in the Attraction, which may feature guests. Entry to the Attraction is deemed acceptance of these Entry Conditions, and you therefore agree that Merlin or any authorised party may use such images in perpetuity in any promotional, advertising or publicity material in any format whatsoever. You further agree that copyright in these materials rests with Merlin or such authorised party (as the case may be).
- These terms and conditions are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with English Law, and any claim brought under these conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Law.
In response to the Covid-19 pandemic, we have introduced specific safety measures at each of our Attractions in an effort to safeguard the health, safety and well-being of persons visiting our Attractions.
A full list of safety measures being taken at our Attraction is available on the website.
The safety measures put in place in response to the Covid-19 pandemic are there to safeguard the safety and well-being of all guests visiting our Attraction. It is in the interest of everyone at our Attraction to comply with the safety measures that have been put in place. Therefore, should an individual not comply with these safety measures, we reserve the right to require that individual to leave the Attraction in accordance with these terms and conditions.
Acceptance of risk
The safety measures that are being and have been introduced are intended to minimise the risk of contracting the Covid-19 virus but this risk cannot be completely eradicated. Therefore, anyone visiting our Attractions acknowledge that they do so at their own risk.