Eye On London - 50 Things to do in London during February half term
- Monday February 13th 2017
London from the inside Monday 13th - Sunday 19th February 2017
Here’s 50 ideas for things to do in London during Valentine’s half term this week (and they’re not all just for kids)…
1. Look your best as it’s London Fashion Week.
2. Beg, borrow or steal a ticket for a Drake gig.
3. Croon at the Valentine’s special ‘Night of Marvin Gaye’ at the Jazz Cafe.
4. Book an exclusive Cupid’s Capsule with Champagne and truffles at The London Eye.
5. Hurrah for gin… and the Gin Festival.
6. Feed their imagination at the Imagine Children’s Festival.
7. Get your fitness mojo back with free korfball training sessions at Petchey Academy.
8. Stroll around the National Gallery.
9. Pick a tall building and try to find it without a map.
10. Learn how to make something at Drink, Shop, Do.
11. Have a night at the theatre watching Fantastic Mr Fox.
12. Try London’s newest Champagne Bar - the Eye Lounge - in County Hall.
13. Make a big deal of sending a Valentine at Not Another Bill’s Pop Up Post Box at the https://thehoxton.com/.
14. Get the giggles at the Comedy Club 4 Kids.
15. Santander Cycle around the city.
16. Meet London’s original escapologist, Jack Sheppard, at The London Dungeon, in their new show.
17. On Sunday go to the Flea at Flat Iron Square - a weekly vintage and makers market.
18. Watch Changing the Guards.
19. Walk down Savile Row.
20. Make a night of it at the recently re-opened Fabric.
21. Set a treasure hunt for a friend.
22. Wander through St James Park.
23. Skate at the Canary Wharf ice rink.
24. Do a tube line pub crawl.
25. Go to The London Bike Show.
26. Stay in and watch three movies back to back.
27. Get your groove on with Poppy and Branch in the Trolls Dance Party at Shrek's Adventure! London.
28. Have bacon, pancakes and maple syrup at Breakfast at Tiffany’s.
29. See Bon Iver in concert.
30. Read Romeo and Juliet.
31. Have ramen at Ippudo.
32. Go on a blind date.
33. Visit Battersea Dogs and Cats Home.
34. Take nine pictures of things you love in London.
35. Stick a pin in the map with your eyes shut and go there.
36. Plan an allotment box.
37. Explore Nunhead cemetery.
38. Act randomly kind.
39. Micro adventure.
40. Eat a starter, main and dessert at different restaurants.
41. Buy a book from under Waterloo Bridge.
42. Watch Harry Potter and the Cursed Child at the Palace Theatre.
43. Dance at The Ministry of Sound UV Love Rave.
44. Feel like a star at the ‘90s All-Star JAM’ week long Boxpark pop-up dedicated to the NBA’s All-Star weekend.
EYE ON… REDBRIDGE
There are 32 capsules on The Coca-Cola London Eye, representing the 32 London boroughs, so each week we explore a different London borough.
If it’s a park you’re after this half term then Redbridge is your borough. It has 35 brilliant green and leafy spaces, one of them aptly being Valentine’s Park. Here’s six great places to get outdoors in Redbridge this half term…
- Hainault Forest Country Park has 300 acres of countryside including adventure play areas, a cafe and petting zoo.
- Roding Valley Park is a wildlife sanctuary with a range of woodland areas to explore.
- Fairlop Waters Country Park offers a huge range of on and off the water activities.
- The award winning Valentines Park, home to the beautiful Valentines Mansion has ornamental gardens, a bowling green and a outdoor gym .
- Claybury Woods and Park is a conservation area that features and ancient area of oak and hornbeam woodland, meadows and wildlife ponds.
- Redbridge Cycling Centre has amazing road and off road cycle tracks.
ON THIS DAY… 14th FEBRUARY 1984
Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean skate off with a British gold medal in figure skating at the Winter Olympics in Sarajevo after dancing to Ravel's Bolero.
Number one on this day: Frankie Goes to Hollywood - Relax.