#EyeLoveLondon -What Are The Best Student Deals in London?
- Monday May 7th 2018
Inspiring perspectives of London Monday 7th - Sunday 13th May 2018
London has a reputation for being a bit pricey, but with 40 higher education institutions and over 400,000 students, there are plenty of bargains to be had, not to mention a plethora of free things to do. Here’s an overview of London’s best student deals and days out.
INTRODUCING OUR STUDENT TICKET
The lastminute.com London Eye have just launched the £16 student ticket which includes your 30 minute trip on the London Eye and entry to the 4D-cinema.
TEN OF THE BEST FREE THINGS FOR STUDENTS TO DO IN LONDON
You can easily fill a whole day for free in London and it’s a great city to walk around, or jump on a Santander Cycle which are £2 to access for 24 hours and then free for the first 30 minutes of any journey. You can start your day from the Eye with our newly launched ticket, looking out at the possibilities of where to go next.
- Chill out or play sports in the parks and gardens.
- Visit the museums and galleries.
- People watch on Trafalgar Square.
- Study at the British Library.
- Listen to free recitals and music events at St-Martin-in-the-Fields or at the Royal Festival Hall.
- Watch the Changing of the Guard.
- Take in the most famous landmarks with a stroll along the South Bank.
- See the street performers in Covent Garden.
- Window shop and be inspired at London’s markets.
- Worship or watch at Westminster Abbey.
STUDENT MEALS - THE TEN BEST CHEAP EATS FOR UNDER TEN POUNDS
Being a student in London doesn’t mean you always have to be cooking noodles for yourself. There are plenty of places around the capital that you can get really good grub and still get change from a tenner.
- Franco Manca - Sourdough pizzas from £5. Various locations including Covent Garden
- Silk Road - Lots of lovely Chinese food to try with dishes from £4. Camberwell
- Herman ze German - Sausages and schnitzel from £5.95. Various locations including Villiers Street
- Chipotle Mexican Grill - Almost limitless burrito, bowl and taco options for around £7. Various locations including Charing Cross Road
- Vapiano - Fresh, self-service Italian food with pasta dishes from £6.99. Various locations including Wardour Street
- Negril - Some of the best Caribbean food in London. A jerk chicken wrap is £8.95. Brixton
- Lahore Kebab House - A BYOB curry and kebab institution with veggie main dishes from £7.50 and meat from £9.50. Whitechapel
- The Kati Roll Company - Indian street food for less than a fiver a roll. Poland Street, Soho
- Brick Lane Beigel Bake - Open 24 hours, baking 7000 beigels a day including the rainbow beigel. Price - a few pounds depending on fillings. Brick Lane, Shoreditch
- Golden Chippy - Maybe London’s best fish and chips - £6.50 for a large cod. Greenwich
THE BEST STUDENT CLUB NIGHTS IN LONDON
- Club de Fromage - Saturday nights at O2 Academy Islington
- Dirt - Tuesday nights at The Roxy, Fitzrovia
- International Night - Wednesday nights at Tiger Tiger, Piccadilly
- Proud - Friday nights on Embankment
- Hip Hop Karaoke - Thursday nights at The Queen of Hoxton
Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and Spotify to keep up-to-date with our insider news for Londoners.